Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Would you go back to school?

After seeing my friend, Trevor's Graduate Conducting Recital last week, it makes me think, maybe I should go back to school.  He has such an awesome passion for what he's studying!
I never really felt like I had that passion when I was in music school.  I was there just to get a job.  I was a horrible student!
There were a lot of factors behind that, like being told, "Don't do music! You have to get a job with insurance!"  It was actually a bit heart breaking.  So, why even try?  My entire time in college, I was there to just get by, not study something with passion. 
Could I go back to school now with as much passion as Trevor has? He is amazing at directing a choir!
I still don't think I could do it.  Even if I went back to school to study something completely different, like to become a hair stylist or get into cosmetology, I still don't think it would be a possibility.  Some days, I feel like having a passion for something is just gone from me!  This is a bit sad!
Don't get me wrong, I love directing choir's.  It's just, I could never go back to school for music, and feel like I was accomplishing something.  
Maybe this is just part of having that mid-thirties slump in my life. It's not that I'm not generally happy.  I am.  I'm just going through the motions a lot of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment