Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pop Divas: An Obsession from a Young Age

I've been obsessed with Pop Divas ever since a I was a little girl.  I wanted to be one.  I would buy their cassette tapes and learn every note, swoop, and run they would sing!  I wanted to be one!  Now, I'm a classically trained singer.
One of my biggest heart breaks was being told by my college voice professor, I was never going to be one.  Also, she pointed out, she was NEVER going to train me in that style.  See, one of my fellow college students had ratted me out to her, telling her I wanted to be a pop diva.  (And whoever that was, jeese, thanks!)  So, I remember we had a whole voice lesson where, I was lectured that it wasn't going to happen!
Now, that I'm older, I see, I probably should have found the money for an actual vocal coach.  One that would have actually, trained me how to sing and belt properly. But I didn't.
So, I've been training myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment